Tuesday, October 22, 2013

I DID IT!

 
Ryan and I did the Race for a Cure- Susan G Colmen 5k this last weekend and it was a blast!! When the race first started it was so crowded and we were both worried that it was going to be that way for the whole race, but luckily after the first mile everything started to clear out.  We ran through the most beautiful area- if I ever had to live here permanently I would build a house in Daniel Island (where we ran).  The most gorgeous homes I've ever seen, with so much variety.  I forgot at one point what I was doing because I was so distracted at the beauty around me.  According to the time board we ran the race in 38 minutes, but we know that wasn't accurate because they had the time start when the first person started, we didn't start for 4 minutes after the race had already began.  So we are thinking it took us around 34-32 minutes.  Which isn't bad- I am really slow.  But my biggest accomplishment was that this was the first race I've ever done that I did not need to stop and walk.  I ran the whole time with my sweet husband by my side.  I felt so happy and it gave me so much motivation.

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome! You guys are doing so much better than me! We went to play basketball last night and I was dead after about five minutes! Good job girl, way to be motivated!!

    ReplyDelete