I also have taken upon myself wanting to get in shape and shed a couple pounds. When I first got here I could barely run around the corner without stopping and dying for breath. Yesterday I ran 2.32 miles for the first time in probably 4 years. But not only that, I didn't stop during my run once, and I don't think I have ever been able to do that. I am really proud of myself for that big step. I hope to eventually run 3 miles a day at least and eventually some day being able to make it to 5. But I plan to just take it one step at a time. Starting February I am cutting out sweets, carbs, soda, and high salt foods, I am going to work really hard and hope for the best.
This week we didn't get around to doing much, there was a lot of hanging around the house and working on our wedding book, but we did take a couple walks and get some chores done.
We went to Union Square again, which when I am there I feel like I should be wearing Prada hills, Michael Kors dress, Tiffany's necklace, etc. Its the "Gossip Girl" life, except in San Fran rather than New York. Maybe some day I will be able to strut around in that stuff but for now I'll stick with my VS hoodie, nike's, and AE jeans. (;
We also we to the St. Peter and Paul Cathedral and the Old St. Mary's Cathedral. St. Peter and Paul was my favorite, it was so elaborate and gorgeous. But Old St. Mary's was really cool because we were able to sit in on a Mass. Which we were both really happy to experience.
The heart of San Francisco, at Union Square.
Old St. Mary's cathedral,
I didn't get a lot of pictures for the fact that the Mass was starting but I did get a couple.
St. Peter and Paul Cathedral, you can see this one from our apartment.
What you saw when you first walked in.
The confessions room, there were 6!
The ceiling.














No comments:
Post a Comment