Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Independence Day.

This was a very different forth of July for us.  A few tears were shed and I was really sad to not be home. This has always been one of my favorite holidays. I would go to the Kaysville parade, get a giant coke slurpee, go to BBQ's, Ryan and I have developed the habit of going swimming, and then we would go to Grandma Angies for dinner and I would do a firework show with Jim. Following that we would hit the Kaysville fireworks. I am a very traditional girl, and to miss out on all this really bummed me out.  This year we spent the day working, so no parades for us, or carnivals.  Following work we went to dinner with Chris, who is in charge of our district. The three of us then went to Folly Beach where we relaxed, and hung out before the firework show.  It was an exceptionally pretty day at Folly so I was really happy to be there. Overall it was a good day, but to say the least neither Ryan or I felt like it was the 4th of July without all our loved ones. 
I am thankful to live in the land of the free. I am so thankful for the men and women who sacrifice their lives to protect their country and all of us.  I love living in the States.




















No comments:

Post a Comment