Saturday, August 17, 2013

Qualities.

I've been thinking about this a lot lately- what does it truly mean to have Christ like qualities.  As an active Mormon we are often taught what our saviors qualities are and that we should obtain them for ourselves.  I want to obtain all my saviors qualities because he was a perfect man of love and sacrifice. I obviously have a lot to work on still, I catch myself at moments of weakness judging others for their actions or appearance. Its something I am not proud of, but I continue to work on not doing.  Its interesting to me, that almost every Sunday those of the LDS faith are taught how to be more like our savior. But somehow we are the ones that truly struggle the most to be like him.  This is honestly something that really upsets my heart. I hate to say it but I feel like Christians are quicker to judge those around them as opposed to unreligious people.  I've met so many beautiful people who carry so many Christ like characteristics that don't even go to church.  Why is it so hard for spiritual people to gain qualities that they truly desire? 

I want to clarify- I have also met a lot of wonderful Mormons that carry many many Christ qualities. I in no way intend to offend anyone. This is just simply something that has been on my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment